IS NUTRITION THERAPY FOR YOU?
You may be wondering who nutrition therapy is for or what sorts of problems/issues Lauren primarily works with in her practice. Here are some examples of common situations that Lauren works with:
- I have been diagnosed with an eating disorder (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder, Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, etc.)
- I don’t think I have an eating disorder, but I feel like something is off with my eating and how I feel about food ("disordered eating")
- I think about food most of the day and it really gets in the way of living the life I want to live
- I feel uncomfortable eating out with friends and family, sometimes I eat before I go out
- I am a chronic dieter, I’ve tried almost everything but nothing seems to work
- I’m recovering or recovered from an eating disorder and I need to make sure I get ongoing support
- I am an emotional eater
- I want to become an Intuitive Eater
- I’m not happy with my body and wish I had better body image
- I exercise a lot, usually to make up for my eating
- I was just told by my doctor I should see a dietitian or nutritionist to help me with [insert new diagnosis or problem here]
- My therapist said that it might be helpful to see a dietitian or nutritionist while we do our work together
If your situation is not listed here, send Lauren an email to see if she can help you with your nutrition-related need. If not, she’d be happy to point you in the right direction to someone who can!